26th EU PVSEC: Dow to Highlight Comprehensive Range of Materials for Improving Performance, Lowering Total System Costs
Visit Dow: Hall A4, Stand B2
Midland, MI - August 15, 2011
Dow Electronic Materials
The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) will use its presence at the 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference (EU PVSEC) in Hamburg, Germany, to highlight its growing portfolio of material solutions that can help improve solar efficiency and durability, while lowering the total system cost of producing and using modules. Dow’s stand – Hall A4, Stand B2 – will showcase several of Dow’s PV materials, including:
- ADCOTE™ Solvent-Based Lamination Adhesives featuring high thermal and chemical resistance, hydrolytic stability for extreme panel durability and long service life. These products form strong bonds on diverse films such as PVF, DVDF and PET.
- DOWTHERM™ Heat Transfer Fluids for collecting, transporting and storing the solar-generated heat with required high-temperature stability. Used in the PV polysilicon purification process as well as concentrated solar power (CSP), these fluids are suited for high- and low-temperature environments and provide outstanding thermo-stability.
- Coolants and Cutting Fluids for the specialized slicing of silicon wafers for both loose abrasive and fixed abrasive technologies. Next-generation ENLIGHTTM water-based coolants being highlighted at PVSEC will offer a good environmental profile, easy cleaning, low friction and cost savings for ingot cutting with diamond wire.
- ENLIGHT™ Metallization, Imaging, Texturizing and Cleaning Materials which enable improvements in solar cell efficiency, and lower solar cell manufacturing costs. Dow is the leader in front-side metallization using plating chemistry, and these products are used in commercial-scale cell production.
- ENLIGHT™ Polyolefin Encapsulant Films which are used in the protective layer of rigid modules that use crystalline silicon, thin film technologies, as well as many flexible PV module configurations. The processing and performance advantages of these films can reduce cycle times up to 30 percent while also extending module reliability and service life in both small and large scale residential, commercial and utility installations. These films offer greater module stability and improved electrical performance over more traditional encapsulants, such as ethylene vinyl acetate-based products.
- MOR-FREE™ Solventless Adhesives which offer demonstrated laminating capabilities; strong bonds on newer backsheet materials; and high thermal, hydrolysis and chemical resistance to boost panel durability and service life.
Driven by its company-wide focus on delivering sustainable solutions to help address many of the world’s most crucial challenges – including the need for clean energy – Dow continues to invest in products and manufacturing capabilities to help PV manufacturers improve efficiency and lower their total system costs. The Company is planning additional announcements in conjunction with PVSEC. For more information about Dow’s presence at PVSEC, please visit www.dowsolarpv.com.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
For Editorial Information:
The Dow Chemical Company
+1 989 638 9132
Gibbs & Soell
+1 847 519 9150 ext. 2117