Dow Electronic Materials Presents Innovations for Circuit Density and Reliability At Electronic Circuits World Convention
Creativity in Copper Electroplating, SAP Metallization and Immersion Gold Processes That Meets the Challenge and Drives the Change in Printed Circuit Board Fabrication
High-performance and cost-effective solutions will be showcased at TPCA, Productronica and HKPCA Show
Taipei, Taiwan - November 08, 2011
Dow Electronic Materials
Dow Electronic Materials, a business of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), will present four technical papers at Electronic Circuits World Convention (ECWC) on November 10th, 2011 at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center in Taipei, Taiwan. Dow Electronic Materials will share innovations that will enable the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) industry to meet tomorrow’s demands for enhanced circuit density, reliability, and cost effectiveness at ECWC as well as TPCA, Productronica, HKPCA shows.
The presentations introduce innovative solutions to customers’ technology requirements in four important areas of PCB fabrication. The details are as below:
- Title : New Copper Electroplating Technology for Through Hole Filling
- - Summary: Describes new Dow copper electroplating technology for through hole filling that can improve PCB reliability, electrical and thermal conductivity, while reducing process costs.
- - Time : November 10th 10:10 am ; R502 ; ECWC Session 7 : Metallization Technology
- Title : Advanced Semi-Additive Process (SAP) Metallization Technology
- - Summary: How Dow’s SAP metallization technology enhances the coverage and adhesion of electroless copper deposits on sequential build dielectric materials, thus improving the reliability of semiconductor package substrates.
- - Time: November 10th 1:30 pm ; R502 ; ECWC Session 12 : Metallization Technology
- Title : High Speed Direct Current (HSDC) Copper Electroplating Technology
- - Summary: Dow’s HSDC electroplating technology addresses the challenges of increasing production throughput while maintaining product reliability and widening process capability.
- - Time: November 10th 3:30 pm ; R502 ; ECWC Session 12 : Metallization Technology
- Title : Gold Potassium Cyanide Alternative : Study of Gold Malononitrile in Immersion Gold
- - Summary: An evaluation of the use of a Gold Potassium Cyanide alternative gold salt in Dow’s new immersion gold process, demonstrating the capability of providing high quality electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) coatings which satisfy established solderability, reliability and corrosion resistance performance targets.
- - Time: November 10th 5:10 pm ; R503 ; ECWC Session 13 : Metal Finish
“Dow Electronic Materials is pleased to share these innovations at ECWC to contribute in meeting the demand for miniaturization and multi-functionality for electronic devices, as well as establishing new milestones for the PCB industry, “ said Helen Zhang, Global General Manager, Interconnect Technologies for Dow Electronic Materials. “With our industry expertise, speed to the market, global footprint and local talent, we are committed to innovating with customers to create a connected world.”
Dow Electronic Materials will showcase its innovations at the following shows this year:
- TPCA Show: Booth K421, Taipei Nanggang Exhibition Center, Taiwan, November 9-11;
- Productronica Show: Stand 305, Hall B1, Messe Munich, Germany, November 15-18;
- HKPCA Show: Booth Q23, Hall 1, Shenzhen Exhibition & Convention Center, China, November 30 - December 2.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
About Dow Electronic Materials
Dow Electronic Materials, a global supplier of materials and technologies to the electronics industry, brings innovative leadership to the semiconductor, interconnect, finishing, photovoltaic, display, LED and optics markets. From advanced technology centers worldwide, teams of talented Dow research scientists and application experts work closely with customers, providing solutions, products and technical service necessary for next-generation electronics. These partnerships energize Dow's power to invent. Its key end-use applications include a broad range of consumer electronics from personal computers, to television monitors, cellular phones, global positioning systems, automobile safety systems, and avionics.
For Editorial Information:
Dow Electronic Materials