Dow Electronic Materials to Showcase Full Range of Semiconductor, LED and Advanced Packaging Solutions at SEMICON Korea
Philadelphia, PA - February 07, 2012
Dow Electronic Materials
Dow Electronic Materials, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW), announced today that its broad range of products for semiconductor manufacturing, light emitting diodes (LED) and advanced packaging applications will be on display at this year’s SEMICON Korea show. Taking place at the COEX center in Seoul, February 7-9, 2012, Dow will exhibit in Booth #5616, Hall D.
- Dow’s advanced lithography and chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) solutions, including the latest Klebosol® II 1730 new dilutable colloidal silica slurry for CMP, which increases tool uptime, reduces consumable costs and improves throughput for this critical process step.
- LED solutions, including Dow’s metalorganic CVD (MOCVD) precursors combined with its patented VAPORSTATION™ central delivery system technology, which delivers a low cost of ownership with maximum safety for more effective use of precursors, and more efficient LED chip manufacturing. Highlighted technology also includes lithography materials and CMP solutions for LED.
- Dow’s advanced semiconductor packaging solutions offer a comprehensive portfolio of metallization, lithography and dielectric materials. Featured products include its bump-plating chemistries, copper for wafer level packaging, packaging photoresists, photosensitive and dry-etch dielectric materials as well as under-bump metallization materials.
Presentations from Dow include:
- Dow Electronic Materials’ George Barclay, R&D Director, Lithography Materials, on “EUV Technology Progress Toward Sub 20nm Patterning” during the show’s Advanced Lithography Technology Session, which takes place on Tuesday, February 7.
- Dow Electronic Materials’ Dr. Daewon Hong on “Materials Chemistry for Epitaxial Growth” on February 8 during the Materials session of the LED Korea 2012 Conference, which is held in conjunction with SEMICON Korea.
Further demonstrating its leadership in MOCVD materials, SEMICON Korea 2012 is a global semiconductor equipment industry exhibition to showcase semiconductor material equipment and semiconductor-related technologies. Please visit Dow at SEMCON Korea Booth #5616.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 products are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
About Dow Electronic Materials
Dow Electronic Materials, a global supplier of materials and technologies to the electronics industry, brings innovative leadership to the semiconductor, interconnect, finishing, photovoltaic, display, LED and optics markets. From advanced technology centers worldwide, teams of talented Dow research scientists and application experts work closely with customers, providing solutions, products and technical service necessary for next-generation electronics. These partnerships energize Dow's power to invent. Its key end-use applications include a broad range of consumer electronics from personal computers, to television monitors, cellular phones, global positioning systems, automobile safety systems, and avionics.
For Editorial Information:
Dow Electronic Materials, Semiconductor
+1 302 366-0500, ext. 6157
Dow Electronic Materials, LED and Advanced Packaging
+1 508 229 7047
+1 401 369 9266