Dow Electronic Materials
SOLDERON™ BHT-350 Bright Tin
SOLDERON™ BHT-350 Bright Tin is a high speed, sulphonate–based tin electroplating product formulated for continuous electroplating of wire and connector strip in reel-to-reel machines. The SOLDERON BHT-350 Bright Tin electrolyte is free of volatile aldehydes and may be operated at temperatures up to 50°C.
The SOLDERON BHT-350 Bright Tin electrolyte provides bright deposits over a wide current density range. Its propriety formulation controls both grain size and carbon content in deposits which results in a very ductile bright deposit. SOLDERON BHT-350 Bright Tin products do not contain methanol ensuring a more environmentally friendly electrolyte compared to other conventional bright tin processes. Analytical procedures are available for all bath components.
|High Cathode Efficiency|
- Fully bright deposit over the whole current density range
- Low Carbon–content in the deposit (< 0.2 % up to 40 ASD)
- High deposit ductility ( > 11%)
- Very low whisker growth tendency
- Low degree of reflow discoloration
- Operating temperature up to 50°C: no cooling system required
- High plating current density: 5 – 40 ASD
- Easy bath control and fully analyzable components
- Low foaming electrolyte: suitable for high speed applications
- No black foam line: suitable for selective plating and full strip plating
- Also suited to low speed rack and barrel applications