Dow Electronic Materials
DURAPOSIT™ SMT-820 Electroless Nickel
DURAPOSIT™ SMT 820 is a high phosphorous Electroless Nickel specifically formulated for use in combination with the AUROLECTROLESS™ SMT 520 Immersion Gold process. The phosphorous content of the electroless nickel deposit improves the corrosion resistance of the ENIG deposit, particularly for selective gold processes using OSP coatings in conjunction with ENIG, and is suitable for products that require enhanced corrosion resistance such as mobile devices, automotive, and medical applications.
Key Features of the process:
- Excellent corrosion resistance from a high P electroless nickel process with P content of 10.5-11.5%
- Passes SO2 exposure test, capable for use with selective ENIG processes
- Excellent solder joint reliability as measured by ball shear and ball pull tests
- No Nickel foot or edge pull-back observed
- Formulated for use with AUROLECTROLESS™ SMT 520 low gold Immersion Gold process, provides cost advantages in gold consumption.
Nickel Corrosion resistance – FIB analysis
Cross section evaluation of corrosion performance – selective ENIG