Dow Electronic Materials
Dow AR™ Fast Etch Organic Bottom Antireflectant Coatings
Enabling High Resolution Microlithography for Advanced Integrated Circuit (IC) Manufacturing
Dow’s Organic bottom antireflectant coatings (BARCs) are cross-linkable polymers that are spin cast on wafers and serve the purpose of controlling the back-reflection of light from the wafer surface into the resist material above it. Dow’s AR™ Fast Etch Organic BARCS are based on polymers that contain a chromophore to reduce substrate reflectivity and include oxygen-rich monomers that etch quickly during the pattern transfer step. The fast etch properties of these products and the easy removal without significant loss of the resist film thickness are key to making advanced integrated circuits.
Dow AR™ Fast Etch Organic BARC Advantages:
Substantially faster etch rates than the organic photoresist
- Dow AR™ Fast Etch Organic BARCs etch 30% faster than photoresists, compared to conventional BARCs that have the same etch rate as photoresists.
- Significantly faster etch rates than vacuum deposited inorganic films
- Dow’s fast etch technology minimizes resist consumption, reduces line edge roughness variations and reduces critical dimension (CD) changes after pattern transfer.
- Dow’s AR™ Fast Etch Organic BARCs etch quickly during the pattern transfer step preserving (thinner) resist thickness which is necessary for better resolution.
- Maintaining the pattern fidelity and preserving the resist pattern thickness of integrated circuits (IC) is essential for good electrical performance in high yield and for high volume manufacturing.