Dow Electronic Materials
Dow’s display business focuses on the large and growing market for FPD (Flat Panel Displays) including the emerging area of OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes).
- Organic materials used in advanced LCD processes
- Red, green and blue emissive materials driving performance in OLED
- Pigmented dispersions used in the manufacture of LCD color filter plates
- Acrylic resins based Organic Passivation
- Silicone resins based Organic Passivation for OLED
- Low temperature cured Passivation
- Black column spacer
- Black Materials with low dielectric constant for BOA
- Customized material for Ink Jet, Cu process, High Thermal, etc
- MVA rib
- G,I-line Photoresists
- Next generation remover for Cu, APC
OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diodes)
Dow is a technology leader in active matrix OLED (organic light emitting diode) emissive materials, and has been involved in their development for the last decade. Dow has two OLED facilities in Cheonan, Korea and global research and development activity at the Dow Seoul Technology Center.
TREVISTA™ Quantum Dots bring richer, more vivid color to electronic displays without the use of cadmium
Functional Surface Coatings
Our innovative solutions extend to touchscreen displays, with DOW CORNING™ brand functional surface coatings helping to make handheld electronic devices look and feel as smart on the outside as they are on the inside. Applied with conventional manufacturing equipment, they bond to the surface of substrates such as clean glass, plastic or metal. After cure, they form a transparent, durable thin film that helps make touchscreens look, feel and stay cleaner.